I WAS COOL OR SO I THOUGHT..a poem

on Friday, February 03, 2006

I was cool or so I thought…..


Srinath.S


Trivia: After reading my poems people scratch their heads and ask” that’s ok, but why do your poems always have to be so gloomy?”
I screw up my face and prepare to defend myself when...
“Why don’t you write about love” asked one guy with a smirk on his face.
And this from a guy who wouldn’t recognize love if it danced in front of him wearing pink pajamas.
So that evening I tried to get into the proper mood. With Bryan Adams crooning” everything I do” in the background…I set to work.
“Her eyes were as deep as a limpid pool…
Hmmmmm….
“Her eyes were as deep as a limpid pool…
For some reason the only word that I could think of which rhymed with pool was
“Fool”
So that set the tone for my latest offering…here it is...
At least nobody can complain that it is gloomy!!!

******************************



I was cool or so I thought,
My head held high, walked with a swagger...
Eyebrow raised, scornful look, my friend smirks,
Never been in love and you think you are in?

Wondered long and hard, a warm glow spread...
Decided to fall in love...All inhibitions shed
Went for a stroll a pretty girl at me did smile,
Nervous .stuttered and stumbled, till the girl ran a mile

A girl fell in love with me, her father did not,
I always thought he was a small sweet man,
One fine day I saw him…he put Tyson o shame,
Packed my bags, out from her life I ran.

Another girl I found, long evenings we spent,
Whispering sweet nothings on the phone,
I wonder why she never called me when she found.
That the Mercedes I drove was just a loan


Sleepless nights thinking of life’s sweetest pain...
Dreamy pose, vacant look in the eye,
Till one day got tired playing cupid’s whipping boy
Futile promises, a meaningless lie
One day looked at my life a pattern so same.
Damn love. I was cool again!!!

************************************************

6 comments:

Deepa G said...

Good one! but never knew u had such hazardous relationships ..!:p

Anu Menon said...

“Her eyes were as deep as a limpid pool…
you gotta get over her you fool!
i saw an ocean of love in her...
just realized she was covered in a lot of fur...
i say i write poems too...
and i dont like people giving me a big booooo"
Awright enuf of poetry from me but i do write some crazy stuff... don't i??? "the innocent puppy dog look"

Anu Menon said...

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/row.htm

this one is for the previous post...

Anonymous said...

Expected some filmi ending to it.jus kidding

Honestly, felt like i ws goin thru a Bollywood flick but in English.

Good one though

Anonymous said...

it was an old deal b/w bhai(tht's wht we call srinath @ engg. days)& me .....he'z the poet and i am going to manage his "$$ collections $$"..... and blog by blog i am more convinced tht might b a possibility.......soo 4 those guys out there with an eye for $$ just paint u r self greennnnn....

Anonymous said...

it was an old deal b/w bhai(thts wht we call srinath @ engg. days) & i ...hez teh poet and me gonna manage his $$ collections $$...blog by blog i am convinced tht's gonna be a possibility....so 4 those guys out there wit a eye 4 $$ .....just paint some paper greenn...
hahahahah
cheers bhaii....